OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Nations League Draw.. (3/3/20)

16 minutes ago, SectionE said:

Have any venues been confirmed?

Am I right saying Norway play all their games in Oslo? 

Have played all their last Nations League and Euro 2020 matches in Oslo. No guarantee etc etc.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&ei=NntfXqblEcKRsAf7tKbYCA&q=norway+nations+league&oq=norway+nations+leage&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13j0i13i30j0i13i5i30l3j0i8i13i30l5.2218.11621..13623...1.0..0.115.1906.15j6......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0j0i10j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.IgzuZbIb27c

Austria also play some games in Salzberg don't they, so that would have to be factored in for anyone booking Vienna now

10 minutes ago, Taz said:

Austria also play some games in Salzberg don't they, so that would have to be factored in for anyone booking Vienna now

They've played in Vienna, Klagenfurt, Wals-Siezenheim (just outside Salzburg) in the last two years.

Romania have played in Cluj, Craiova and Ploesti recently too.

Still disappointed by the draw but booked Oslo last night as flights were reasonable, done Vienna last time so might give it a miss. Though really would have liked Scotland's group fro travel alone.

27 minutes ago, norniron93 said:

Any idea when venues will be announced? Fair distance between Cluj and Bucharest

Has be to be confirmed with UEFA 120 days in advance (May 7 by my maths for the Romania game).

17 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Has be to be confirmed with UEFA 120 days in advance (May 7 by my maths for the Romania game).

Cheers

Romania and Norway for me, haven't been to either before.

As for the group, would have been quietly confident of competing to win this group under MON. May be more difficult with a new manager finding his feet though.

Booked Austria

Enjoyed it last time 

BA from City £170 ret 

13 minutes ago, mervillegawa said:

Oslo was £65 rtn. this morning when I booked, Friday-Monday from Dublin.

I booked that too, didn't really want the three nights but couldn't say no to that price. No point in looking at the other two aways until venues are confirmed.

Was surprised at how cheap the travel to Oslo and Vienna is sitting (not that I've booked anything yet) and also by how dear Romania is to get to, even from GB. Are there maybe some winter schedules not released yet?

not the most exciting of draw against teams we have already played very recently

The nation's league is likely to be like that though, with a much reduced pool of teams that we can draw.

Oslo and Austria booked with the latter through Bratislava.

As a few have said previous £65 to Oslo was too good to turn down, yes the place is expensive but just don't go mad and you'll be fine and i'm only doing Sat-Mon

Only booked Bucharest on the way out as the return was wild expensive so will be looking at options to get home at a later stage.

Not probably the most attractive draw but i quite enjoyed Oslo the last time, absolutely loved Bucharest and with staying in lovely Bratislava instead of Vienna it should be a good set of matches. Of course if venues change then a bit more travel is involved but you just suck it up and get on with it 😀