OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Nations League Draw.. (3/3/20)

7 hours ago, Richardh said:

They've played in Vienna, Klagenfurt, Wals-Siezenheim (just outside Salzburg) in the last two years.

Given the attendance at the last game (i.e. no home fans) I wonder if they'd be tempted to play us somewhere other than Vienna.

20 minutes ago, Clint said:

Given the attendance at the last game (i.e. no home fans) I wonder if they'd be tempted to play us somewhere other than Vienna.

Not been much of a home crowd last night couple of times we've played there, would be better off playing somewhere else. The 28000 capacity Allianz Stadium in Vienna would do well, Klagenfurt and Salzburg are around 32000.

7 hours ago, hughes18 said:

Was surprised at how cheap the travel to Oslo and Vienna is sitting (not that I've booked anything yet) and also by how dear Romania is to get to, even from GB. Are there maybe some winter schedules not released yet?

Airlines probably in a panic at the moment? 

33 minutes ago, McFaggen said:

Airlines probably in a panic at the moment? 

Well, I've just discovered Easyjet have cancelled their Manchester-Belfast flight on the morning of the potential play-off final. I hadn't booked but was intending to if we beat Bosnia.

With Flybe going under and Ryanair only operating the route in summer now, we are not in a good moment, as José would say.

13 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Well, I've just discovered Easyjet have cancelled their Manchester-Belfast flight on the morning of the potential play-off final. I hadn't booked but was intending to if we beat Bosnia.

With Flybe going under and Ryanair only operating the route in summer now, we are not in a good moment, as José would say.

Get the boat from Liverpool the night before.

Sure it may be behind close doors if we even have a match to worry about

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:06 PM, Richardh said:

I did a couple of nights in Brasov before the last game in Romania, had a great day trip around the castles, fortified churches were something different and Brasov itself was a great spot, well worth a look. 

Went there about a year and a half ago too Richard, albeit just the one full day and night with work. Nice spot. Still bears, wolves and snakes in the forest/mountain there!

Hopefully wangle a wee work trip there when we play. Flights to Vienna are cheap enough at the minute as well so good chance of going to Austria, really enjoyed it the last time. Not sure about Norway, ideally it would be a few days trip as I've never been but flights are dear and it's a dear hole itself so more than likely a No-Go.

13 hours ago, GPJim said:

Get the boat from Liverpool the night before.

Sure it may be behind close doors if we even have a match to worry about

I'm supposed to be in Yorkshire in April, now looking at the Ferry & hire car to make that happen! 

19 hours ago, Richardh said:

Pack your kilt...

Yes my mate said they where playing on the Saturday. I'm sure i'll run into quite a few.

Booked to go to Romania as not been there before and Norway was expensive and worst still very boring! Probably do Austria too once the venue is confirmed, overall a boring draw.

6 hours ago, red and green said:

overall a boring draw.

You get to watch Northern Ireland. How could it possibly be boring?